MK3 Roadster Audio Install

10-13 September - Newark Showground

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: MK3 Roadster Audio Install

Post by SonicSW20 »

Just had a thought: what stereo do you have? Need to know how many pre out's it has. Ideally it needs two, one for front, one for rear / sub.

Rev5 Sonic Shadow

madbasshunter
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by madbasshunter »

Have to say the JBL GT0627 16cm 2-way are a lot better than the fli speakers :confused1: I do have a couple of secondhand sets in the loft (as I was going to try putting 3 or 4 in each door) if you or Dave are passing and plenty of wiring and rca leads etc

Topic author
ShrewdPhoenix
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by ShrewdPhoenix »

The headunit is a Kenwood DPX-313Y Double DIN Headunit. This is the 4th MR2 its been in, but in the first and second MR2s (mk2s) it was wired up to an Amp, 2 door speakers and 2 6x9s.

Clive, thanks for the offer, but I'm not in Cornwall anymore, I've finished uni and moved in with Dave in Buckinghamshire. The Fli speakers are only temporary anyway as the current door speakers have started blowing. I'll get some decent ones at a later date when I can spend a bit more.

devonlad108

Post by devonlad108 »

I'll be happy to help out, I'm bringing my tools along anyway to get us hooked up to the elastic-trickery point. I'm a sparky by day so I imagine I'll be able to help out haha.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE - 2015”