The aftermath 2016

Moderators: Ripley, toymr2

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Ripley
Years of MR2 Ownership: 22
MR2's Owned: 3

The aftermath 2016

Post by Ripley »

Well that's another Highland Drive under our belt. The weather was....well different to what we usually expect. We really did have all four seasons in one day. Snow on Friday going over the Lecht had some of us going sideways ;) , then rain, sunshine, and hail. It didn't spoil the fun and the snow made the beautiful scenery even prettier.

Thanks to everyone for making it another cracking Drive. Lots of banter with friends old and new.
Thanks to Peter for leading us round the beautiful countryside.
Thanks to everyone for looking out for one another, you truly are a great bunch.

Watch for the post for next years Drive. Peter and I are planning something new :cool1: :th:

Pics to follow

Save the bunnies!

B22_JLD
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: The aftermath 2016

Post by B22_JLD »

HOME!!! Dale and I really enjoyed the run guys but we really are disappointed that we missed friday and monday :sad:. big thanks to Al and Ian who saved my brakes that got a little bit stuck :facepalm:, we both will be back for the next one. thanks alot everyone for welcoming us with open arms

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

Is Tlf back safely ?

Glad you Guys had a good time hope to make it one year !
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

pbmr2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8

Post by pbmr2 »

:postpics:
"Time is the true wealth, spend it well."

Rev4 T-bar gen4 swap
Rev4 Moonroof 3sge daily

Topic author
Ripley
Years of MR2 Ownership: 22

Post by Ripley »

MRHAPPY62 wrote:Is Tlf back safely ?

Glad you Guys had a good time hope to make it one year !
Froggie is chilling out in Perth :th: :laughing

Save the bunnies!

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Massive thanks to Ann and Peter for a great weekend.......... As usual :) and thanks to everyone else on the trip for making it, love you all

Anyone who has never done this trip seriously needs to get up here and drive your cars like they were meant to be driven..... Great roads, great banter, sometimes great weather and of course great company :D

Off to Edinburgh today to chill for a few days
Cars suck donkey balls

chris
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by chris »

Glad to see/hear that everyone enjoyed it... I must say that each day more photos were being added to Facebook, the more I was missing being there... :sad:
Ripley wrote:Watch for the post for next years Drive. Peter and I are planning something new :cool1: :th:
My name is going down straight away, I shall definitely be there next year! :th:

cptspaulding

Post by cptspaulding »

Patsy & I can only echo the praise already heaped on the organisers.
Had a brilliant time on our first ever highland drive. A lot of the roads I've never driven before, even though I'm relatively local.
Great bunch of people too. Hoping we can organise childcare again next year so we can come again. [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

chris wrote:Glad to see/hear that everyone enjoyed it... I must say that each day more photos were being added to Facebook, the more I was missing being there... :sad:
Ripley wrote:Watch for the post for next years Drive. Peter and I are planning something new :cool1: :th:
My name is going down straight away, I shall definitely be there next year! :th:
H3ll yes - will be back next year :drive1:
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

stewart@boro
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8

Post by stewart@boro »

Thanks to all for making this another great adventure. Echo Vinny, if you have never driven your 2 up here on Scotlands fantastic roads then you have never driven your 2.
As usual my mistress sustained some damage and had to limp home losing bodily fluid. 4 water stops and we made it :D Glad I left Perth at 4:30 this morning to avoid the possibility of sitting in traffic, but sad to miss the final run through Northumberland.
There's always a next time :clapping:
Sat in the garden with 1 & a bit scoops :rolleyes: dreaming of next year

gavsdavs
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by gavsdavs »

pbmr2 wrote::postpics:
^^This

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

pbmr2 wrote::postpics:
stewart@boro wrote:Glad I left Perth at 4:30 this morning to avoid the possibility of sitting in traffic, but sad to miss the final run through Northumberland.
A great shame you couldn't accompany the Three Musketeers on our homeward journey As for sitting in traffic, there were signs on the M90 warning of delays due to an accident on the Edinburgh Southern Bypass (A720). By the time we left South Queensferry after refuelling it had been closed which created total chaos in the entire surrounding area. A look at the map shows the dearth of alternative routes to reach destinations south east of the city We ended up doing many more miles than planned to get back on track. After Hawick we had a superb run to our final stop in Leyburn for a celebratory drink before going our separate ways near Ripon. https://goo.gl/maps/8gMrxAaWHgs
gavsdavs wrote:
pbmr2 wrote:Image
^^This
Patience dear boy. I'm working on it. :)

They will appear in the relevant thread on here.
I'm in a Bookface-free zone...

Found this on iPlayer (only available for another 18 days). The end bit shows where Steve and I went to and sums up exactly my thinking about JoG.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Highland Drive 2016”