The last few notable mentions..

8-11 September 2016 - Newark Showground
General Information, tickets, camping & hotels, events & activities

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: The last few notable mentions..

Post by SonicSW20 »

There was some booing for the food eating contest as well. Booed for sitting at a table... Pathetic really.

I'm pretty sure it all comes from one club who were absent on Sunday as well. Overheard a few of their members slating MR2OC on Saturday when watching some of the events.

Rev5 Sonic Shadow

Topic author
d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by d-peg »

Its true we are the club everybody loves to hate but it is a little pathetic. They hate us because why?
- we can manage to round the right people up to compete in IKO at the right time?
- we religiously win ToW?
- we actually can be bothered about IKO?
- Another reason?

I have no sensible idea.
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by SonicSW20 »

It's not even everyone, I'm pretty confident it all comes from the MX5 / Combustion Punks crew. Couple choice quotes from their forum when searching mr2oc and combustionpunks on Google -
Me and Bam both share very similar views in the IKO (death to the mr2oc) and I'm happy for us two to sort out I IKO together
Yeah so?
It'll be aimed at the MR2OC anyway so why would we give a "censored"?
Glad we've had such an impact on them :facepalm: :laughing

Perhaps their intent is just a bit of rivalry and banter... it doesn't come across that way though.

ToW was great on Sunday vs Chasing 7 who put up a very strong fight, it was very close. No booing, no animosity, and rather than whinge about the usage of boots, they just congratulated us said they'll be bringing boots next year :th:
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

Blueskinnedbeast
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Blueskinnedbeast »

Must be a bit of jealousy over the cars ;-)

MR2BRU

Post by MR2BRU »

Oh dear! Not here too! :no: I was the webmaster of an old school BMX forum that I'd been involved in for the best part of ten years, until two years ago! One of the reasons I jacked it was because of ridiculous childlike behavior from grown men! :sad:

Bru :th:

Topic author
d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by d-peg »

I get where it comes from Bru, We have won IKO (correct me if I am wrong someone) 5 out of the last 7 years. It is pure jealousy that they cannot come together as well as a club like mr2oc. I just wish, rather than boo, try and beat us. :rolleyes:
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

Torero
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Torero »

Great summary of the weekend for me as well Dan. :th:

As most of you know I attend with TwoBrutal but there isn't any animosity towards any of the OC guys from us lot. Indeed quite a few of us commenting on this thread are members on both forums and I was one that managed to catch up with Pete (as he mentioned) who was with Lee and Reece as well as bumping into Tammy & Dave , Gaz, Chris, James and the dog as well :D and our stand was visited by Kelvin, Oddshoes and Laura and a few other that I may not have mentioned but that's probably due to Magners clouding my memory and old age :th: it's always such a great community occasion and meeting everyone for that one weekend a year is priceless.

I too attended for the first time in 6 years without my car (recently sold it) but also felt the mood was a little jaded in general. I agree on all the reasons such as entry fee, weather etc and also add to that that the kids have gone back to school which restricts the days people can attend as well. I'm also not a great fan of Newark showground, Wickstead was so much better regards the facilities and general layout but I find it quite soulless even last year when it had a good turnout but this year with fewer people, there was definitely something lacking. However, I think the real reason was that you didn't get yer bum out. :rofl:

Great results in the competition guys, I'm now off to look for MK3s on the internet because I can't be without an MR2 for long :laughing looking forward to catching up with you guys soon.

John.

chris
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by chris »

Well said John, was good to have a chat to everyone from TwoBrutal too... :th:
Torero wrote:I'm now off to look for MK3s on the internet because I can't be without an MR2 for long :laughing looking forward to catching up with you guys soon.
...got a nice white TRD turbo if you want it? ;)

Torero

Post by Torero »

chris wrote:Well said John, was good to have a chat to everyone from TwoBrutal too... :th:

Same here buddy :th: :th:
chris wrote:
Torero wrote:I'm now off to look for MK3s on the internet because I can't be without an MR2 for long :laughing looking forward to catching up with you guys soon.
...got a nice white TRD turbo if you want it? ;)

Must resist....must resist.....quite like the Roadster as it's generally a summer toy but appreciate the offer and good luck when you come to sell it Chris.

It's well enough documented on the forums from when Barry and yourself have owned it so hopefully it should sell quickly and for the right price. :clapping:

lewiswhitmore524

Post by lewiswhitmore524 »

It was a smaller crowd this year for sure, and the weather was pretty terrible. Luckily with my tent being so small, even if it was full of water you could probably sponge it all out with one loo roll!

This being my second year, I still really enjoyed the experience. It's great how at home you feel around other members of the OC. I've not seen any of you for a whole year (except when Chris saw me drive past at Gaydon. I didn't see you, sorry! :no: ) but it didn't feel like any time had passed and like I'd walked into a tent full of old mates.

For me the community spirit is what I go for. Chatting about MR2s, about stuff nothing to do with MR2s and everything in between. I think i'd get that from any event be it at JAE or not, IKO or not.

Dampened spirits, dampened tents and missing characters aside, I had a great time so thanks everyone for making that possible. At JAE or another event, I'll look forward to seeing you all again soon. Dan does owe us a party after all!
'93 Zircon Blue Turbo
'90 Astral Black G-Limited NA Auto (V6 soon)

MR2BRU

Post by MR2BRU »

d-peg wrote:I get where it comes from Bru, We have won IKO (correct me if I am wrong someone) 5 out of the last 7 years. It is pure jealousy that they cannot come together as well as a club like mr2oc. I just wish, rather than boo, try and beat us. :rolleyes:
Ah I see, they just can't handle the superiority of the OC! :laughing

Bru :th:

Tallboy
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 17
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by Tallboy »

I've been on 6 winning teams in the last 7 Dan, I missed 2012 but I'm sure we won that to.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
MK2 REV3 NA R.I.P
MK2 REV3 95 TURBO Reborn!!!..... now in Dawesys hands getting 2GR love
MK2 REV4 NA R.I.P
MK2 REV3 96 TURBO
MK2 REV3 NA AUTO Reborn!!...... Now in Mikes hands getting boosted!

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Tallboy wrote:I've been on 6 winning teams in the last 7 Dan, I missed 2012 but I'm sure we won that to.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
We did mate. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

So are we agreed we are getting an OC midget for next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE - 2016”