I have one manual and one power window and I need to choose

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Torke

I have one manual and one power window and I need to choose

Post by Torke »

Hi everyone, first post here. I'll introduce myself and my MR2 soon when I have things to show (just got it 3 weeks ago).

Scenario: the right electric window broke and the previous owner converted it to manual completely destroying the door card to make room for the crank :facepalm: . So my car is a joke: power window on the left, manual window and destroyed panel on the right. Options:

a) Make the right window electric again.
Inc. electric window regulator, motor, switch and a not-destroyed electric-door card.

b) Throw away all electrics and make the left also manual.
Inc. all the manual stuff for the left and proper manual-door cards on both sides.

I know going full-manual will kill any possible future problem.. but electrics are so nice. Do you know if Toyota still sells brand new electric window kits? That'll make the decision easier. What do you think I sould do?

notroubleclubber
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: I have one manual and one power window and I need to choose

Post by notroubleclubber »

Get the kit u need from a breaker... why buy new?

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

You won't get a new electric kit from Mr T, there never was a kit and AFAIK manual winders were never an option on UK MK1'S. your only real choice is to pick up 2nd hand parts to repair your drivers door. Try Paul Sims https://www.mr2mk1toyotaspares.com/ his prices are pretty reasonable and he's reliable (unlike some other Mk1 crooks breakers out there)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
Torke

Post by Torke »

notroubleclubber wrote: 07/07/18 15:51 Get the kit u need from a breaker... why buy new?
Well if that possibility exists, I'd prefer new, knowing those regulators wear out fast.
jimi wrote: 07/07/18 19:00 You won't get a new electric kit from Mr T, there never was a kit and AFAIK manual winders were never an option on UK MK1'S. your only real choice is to pick up 2nd hand parts to repair your drivers door. Try Paul Sims https://www.mr2mk1toyotaspares.com/ his prices are pretty reasonable and he's reliable (unlike some other Mk1 crooks breakers out there)
Well I was thinking abut the parts (there's a part number for the whole regulator assembly and another for the motor if electric) not as a kit per se, but maybe those are sadly discontinued, I'll ask Toyota. Yeah I have seen a lot of Paul Sims stuff on his website and I may contact him. Thanks for de advice!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”