Turbo/EVC issues

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
pjhrt
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14

Turbo/EVC issues

Post by pjhrt »

Hi all,

When I purchased my Rev 2 Turbo just over a year ago, it came complete with an HKS IV EVC plumbed in. It had issues over-boosting to the point where I was happy to drive it around on wastegate only, so stock (0.4bar) while I attended to other bits and pieces. It's been off the road for a while now, but has just got her MOT...

Anyway, reset the EVC, all seemed to be working fine. I set the high and low fairly conservatively to test the cut-out feature, where it beeps and drops down to stock...this worked. I slowly increased the high, but only to 1.0bar. All was working still.

Today, I foot my foot down in third and the fuel cut kicked in...then it wouldn't boost at all past 0.0. The weird thing is, after switching the engine off for a while, along with the EVC, it now drives and boosts as though it's not connected at all...all the way up to 1.0, at least. I was expecting to be back to 0.4....

What might have occurred here?

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”