Hot wire power steering

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Morgi27

Hot wire power steering

Post by Morgi27 »

Hi
Guys after several attempts to get power steering working including everything on the bgb and replaced everything except the pump which I've tested and works
Still don't work!
Is there anyway I can bypass all the relays etc and wire the pump directly to the battery to get it too work and maybe install a relay or switch to turn it off and on??
If anyone has any ideas let me know
Cheers

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Hot wire power steering

Post by shinny »

What error code do you get? Have you tried to work through that or just replaced a bunch of parts in hope?

You can bypass the main relay... after disconnecting it, open up the top and with a wrench you can pop both contacts on a single terminal.

I've heard of someone else putting it on a speed sensitive switch... but the stock system is more sophisticated than that.

Monkulas
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Hot wire power steering

Post by Monkulas »

Try my simple motor controller circuit.

https://mr2oc.co.uk/forum/41/165000.html#p1748754

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”