Mr2 kettle

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
APDevelopments

Mr2 kettle

Post by APDevelopments »

Hi guys.
Well it’s now been 1 week since I put my new rev2 mr2 turbo on the road since purchasing it.
I now know why all of you are so keen on these old cars. Even tho my rev2 has a F355 body on it it’s still pretty much standard.
It goes like stink and you would have to spend serious money to buy something new that’s faster.
Taking off the roof when the suns out takes some beating.
Photo below of her.
Anyways.
I keep her in my garage.
When I get home I let her tick over for a few minutes before switching it off.
Whilst sitting in the garage I can actually here the coolant boiling inside the engine.
Is this normal?
It’s bubbling away for at least 10-15 mins after switching off.
Many thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Martin F
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Re: Mr2 kettle

Post by Martin F »

Check the radiator cap in the engine bay.

If it's old and has failed it maybe letting too much coolant into the expansion tank when hot.

timnutt

Re: Mr2 kettle

Post by timnutt »

Nice photo!
I had a chat with Dave Jones as he supplies MR2 body kits to turn them into replica various makes of Ferrari. I'm not ruling it out, but need to get the engine back in an on the road first :)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”