Air filter

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Air filter

Post by SonicSW20 »

Yep, like this:

(no scoop installed there though!)

Rev5 Sonic Shadow

chaos19810
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2

Post by chaos19810 »

I’ve never seen a full toms intake installed on a car I had no idea, how they did it and I wasn’t concerned with replicating there design I was just looking solve a problem.

The main reason I did this was, I wanted the 3sgte to get as much cold air as possible but there is no vent in the aw11 on the passengers side to place it in the flow of air.

Depending when I hear from paul at woodsport I might be changing the intake so it fits into the new hatch and have it placed above the car

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by shinny »

chaos19810 wrote: 03/11/18 11:17 I’ve never seen a full toms intake installed on a car I had no idea, how they did it and I wasn’t concerned with replicating there design I was just looking solve a problem.
Oh, apologies if my comment came across as critcial, that was absolutely not the intent. I think what you've done is really cool. I've thought about doing similar before.

My question to you is what you've done (if anything) to prevent rain entering the snorkel and filling up the filter enclosure with water?

chaos19810
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2

Post by chaos19810 »

I didn’t think you were being critical, if just never seen a toms one on a car.

If I’m honest my plan to avoid the rain is not to drive it in the rain, it’s a focused track, sprint or drag car well if that’s such a thing? I do however have a few small holes in the base 2mm for any drainage just and the intake silicon hose sits about 3inches high in the sealed unit and I cut a notch where the silicon hose is sealed in which I left open to drain if the holes get blocked

shinny
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by shinny »

That's exactly what I'd have thought to do... nice one!

Kyyanno
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Kyyanno »

shinny wrote: 01/11/18 14:09
The original Toms snorkel was actually NOT connected directly to the air filter, although it was positioned directly underneath it to receive all the cold air.
I did not know that :th: I was always led to believe it was directly connected. Now I know :D
Show & Shine winner - March '14

1991 Rev 1 G-Limited (Super Edition! Yay stickers! :D ) with Rogue Rev 3 Turbo engine conversion, n/a Mongoose exhaust, HKS filter & BOV.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”