MK3 2ZZ/C60 conversion issues selecting gears when hot

Considering a turbo or V6 conversion then use this forum
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
JB21

MK3 2ZZ/C60 conversion issues selecting gears when hot

Post by JB21 »

Having real problems up shifting into 5th and down shifting into 4th with extended spirited driving.

Gears are fine when the car is cold and warming up, but after 5-10 minutes 4th and 5th get stiffer and stiffer until they really struggle to engage. Its seems the across motion is the issue. No issues moving into gears by hand in the engine bay so dont think it's the box itself.

Linkage had bearing bushes fitted, I then changed to solid brass bushes but still the same issue.

I presuming the linkages and or cables are expanding causing the issue?

Any help welcome as I have a track day approaching and need to get this sorted beforehand.

Thanks in advance.

Topic author
JB21

Re: MK3 2ZZ/C60 conversion issues selecting gears when hot

Post by JB21 »

Anyone?

Topic author
JB21

Post by JB21 »

Requested advise from Rogue as they done the conversion but nothing back from them either!

headcase
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by headcase »

What box was used

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Engine Conversions”