"censored" flexi

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Sonac
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

"censored" flexi

Post by Sonac »

Blown the flexi on my B pipe. It's a JDM sheepdog exhaust so a custom pipe/
It's curved so I can't chop it off and put a clamp flexi on.
I can't weld for "censored".
Mechanic quoted me 2 hours labour. So after VAT over 100 quid without the part even.

What are my options? Exhaust shop? Was hoping for something under 100 preferably.

*note the oil is not a leak. I didn't have a funnel when I filled my oil and made a mess. I'll clean it when I can be "censored"

martin42006
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 4

Re: "censored" flexi

Post by martin42006 »

You get what you pay for. The garage has to remove the exhaust, cut and weld a new flexi in. £100 for 2 hours labour isnt bad providing they do a good job.
Doubt you will get it done properly for much cheaper
What next? What little thing will change the world because the little tinkers carried on tinkering? - Raising Steam
GNU Terry Pratchett

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: "censored" flexi

Post by peteV6R5 »

martin42006 wrote: 22/05/19 22:36 You get what you pay for. The garage has to remove the exhaust, cut and weld a new flexi in. £100 for 2 hours labour isnt bad providing they do a good job.
Doubt you will get it done properly for much cheaper
+1

but if you remove and fit it yourself then the cost is only cut out and welding of new flexi
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”