Yakushi Show - Help and Ideas Thread

This section is to talk about setting up MR2OC events.

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Yakushi Show - Help and Ideas Thread

Post by MR2Jay »

Morning all..

As you know we are now down and live for a brand new show this year, which promises to be quite a good event by the look of it :th: I have stepped up to the plate and have got things moving, getting a stand organised for us and trying to pull you all together. That said, organising a show this large is a little daunting, I'm not going to lie :blush:

The sign up thread can be found here https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forum/14/167642.html

I've started this thread as there are a few things I am going to need help with and I want to throw it open to the floor what they would like to see :th:

Firstly, we are going to need the marquee and sails for sure :th: As I missed JAE last year (which I believe was the last time they were seen? Not sure as I took a year out) Does anyone know where they all are? I'm going to need help finding these and making sure they appear :th:

I also need to find out from Nigel about things like electrical hook ups/Generators. If we can get power, then I have the substantial sound rig I can bring as well as some lighting. I may need someone to take charge of sourcing power though. Any volunteers?

We're also looking to come up with ideas for the show itself. Now I should imagine, much like every other weekend show, Friday will be a mega blow out as that gives us time to recover properly.... But, we do need ideas for the Saturday. What do people think of me trying to find out the cost for a hog roast for example? We all chip in and job done?

Throwing this open to the floor. Anyone willing to help me organise this, please do. Likewise, any ideas are welcome :th:

1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Re: Yakushi Show - Help and Ideas Thread

Post by vinp182 »

I know someone that does hog roasts but not sure how far out they go so I’ll send him a message later
Cars suck donkey balls

Topic author
MR2Jay

Post by MR2Jay »

Cheers Vinny :th:

I'll make a few enquiries local to me (I'm only 10 miles from the showground), see what we can come up with :th:

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Good luck with finding the equipment, hopefully you'll get more responses than I did https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forum/332/167643.html :no:
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
MR2Jay

Post by MR2Jay »

jimi wrote: 30/05/19 10:50 Good luck with finding the equipment, hopefully you'll get more responses than I did https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forum/332/167643.html :no:

Ironically, I have literally just found it all :th:

Tallboy currently has them stored safely :th:

cori.louise
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by cori.louise »

A hog roast tends to feed about 80-120 people, lamb roast 40-50 just to give you an idea.
im out for the obvious reason but another option is we could all chip in and get proper bbq going with all the salads etc. instead of just meat in bread on the go. see what other ideas people have

Topic author
MR2Jay

Post by MR2Jay »

Not a bad call Cori :th:

Plenty of time yet so we need to thrash out ideas....

Maybe some sort of contest in the day on the Saturday? Something for the kids to get involved with as well?

cori.louise

Post by cori.louise »

i can bring my giant jenga, swing ball and other small garden games. might need you to call into mine back from work a few days before to pick some up. then if it doesn't fit in your car its closer to pop to yours for me to do a second trip than mine.

Topic author
MR2Jay

Post by MR2Jay »

This is very true Cori - My place is about 10 miles away so a good base for drop off....

Only issue I can see is getting it back again....Sure we can work something out

lewiswhitmore524
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7

Post by lewiswhitmore524 »

I have a Generator if required, not really sure how much it can handle, I'd have to check it out next time, i think its a few KW. Preference would be for electrical hookups though lol.
'93 Zircon Blue Turbo
'90 Astral Black G-Limited NA Auto (V6 soon)

Mike
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Mike »

I can get adaptors and cable from work for power if needed, if we have a source?

Also Cori/Jay i will probably be able to fit some extra stuff in my car on the way to the show or on the way back if needed as will be heading up that way.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “National Events”