2ZZ Engine Not Firing

Considering a turbo or V6 conversion then use this forum
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
ajrfulton

2ZZ Engine Not Firing

Post by ajrfulton »

Hi there,

I have an MR2 with Apexi FC which I use as a race car in the local series. It's a 2ZZ GE conversion, and was built as an MR2 Cup car originally. I never performed the original engine swap.

My original engine had a big end bearing go, so the I have replacement engine in the car out of a 2003 Corolla T-Sport.

On starting the engine, it seems to go fire every second cycle, but whilst it wants to go - it doesn't kick on. It's as if the timing is slightly off. My gut feeling is it is a silly thing but looking for advice on what might be causing this.

There is a plug from the original loom (will attach in a 2nd post) that is down near the crank sensor/knock sensor neck of the woods, which has nothing attached, and no obvious home.

Video of car trying to fire:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkZrrCg ... e=youtu.be

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Engine Conversions”