Central locking out of sync

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Steve2020

Central locking out of sync

Post by Steve2020 »

Hi All,
I have recently purchased a mk2 1992, the central locking is out of sync or has an issue with the passenger lock,
When I lock the drivers door I can see the lock swich moving on the passenger door but the passenger door does not lock, I have to go to the passenger door, open it, switch to lock, hold the handle up and shut the door to lock it.
Anyone here had this problem and have a solution please.
For info..I have tried locking the passenger door from inside before getting out, but when I do and lock the drivers door the passenger door unlocks?
Thanks.... Steve

abovetherim
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Central locking out of sync

Post by abovetherim »

As you can see the passenger lock trying to work this makes me think the actuator is tired and/or the mechanism could do with a clean and grease.

That would be my first point of call. Take off the passenger door card and remove the lock mech and clean and grease it along with any pivots for the rods
1991 rev 1 T Bar n/a 3sge import. A work in progress!!!

Topic author
Steve2020

Re: Central locking out of sync

Post by Steve2020 »

Thanks for the guidance, I will give it a go.... plenty of time on my hands.
Appreciate the reply.
Regards... Steve

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”