Dash cluster

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Chris69
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 5

Re: Dash cluster

Post by Chris69 »

I wouldn't worry too much about re-installing the power steering if a previous owner has ripped it out, it's only useful for trundling around town and parking (if your a bit stringy) and believe it's supposed to cut out at above 30mph anyway.
I suspect when it was first imported and the speedo swapped over someone made a hash of it and it buggered up the power steering which relies on the speed signal to cut in and out, which was probably why it got removed.

Also you have the option of a quicker steering rack if it's non PS

There is no "it cant be done" only "I cant do it!"

(OO==\°/==OO)

Topic author
Morphman

Re: Dash cluster

Post by Morphman »

Chris69 wrote: 15/07/20 23:19 I wouldn't worry too much about re-installing the power steering if a previous owner has ripped it out, it's only useful for trundling around town and parking (if your a bit stringy) and believe it's supposed to cut out at above 30mph anyway.
I suspect when it was first imported and the speedo swapped over someone made a hash of it and it buggered up the power steering which relies on the speed signal to cut in and out, which was probably why it got removed.

Also you have the option of a quicker steering rack if it's non PS
Thanks Chris, I had a good look around and it seems it never had p/s. :th:
Also that red light is not wired to anything at all.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”