Back in the fold!

Welcome to the club, come and say hello
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Takoyaki

Back in the fold!

Post by Takoyaki »

Hi all

After about 10 years without my old Mk3, I took the plunge and bought another, on a whim but missed mine dearly. After some looking and a few test drives, I managed to find a fairly decent one with HT and AC. I don't want to mod particularly but have bought an old TTE to enhance the sound.

I was a member of here many moons ago but can't for the life of me remember my username and my account has since been lost so have registered again.

Anyway, hope you're all well and enjoying your cars. Loving mine again and it's exactly as I remember. Such a lovely balanced car and a joy to drive. In my absence I've owned a BMW M140i and whilst the straight 6 was a peach, it was a turd (handling wise). The MK3 is the complete opposite and FWIW I'd rather take less power and brilliant handling over straight line speed, which is so unusable 90% of the time.

Anyway, some pics. It's not perfect but is intended to be a project car that I can maintain/improve over time.

All the best.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Back in the fold!

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

Welcome Back :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

ayresyboy
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 20

Post by ayresyboy »

Nice purchase
1997 2GR-FE | 1998 3S-GTE

jeff
Administrator
Administrator
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 20
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jeff »

nice looking 2 and you got a hardtop with it as well
Not Plan B again!! Why don't we just go with plan B in the first place?
It’s more important to lose a minute in life than your life in a minute

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Welcome back :clapping: nice looking car :)
Your old account may well still exist, but without a username or the email address that it was registered with there's little chance for tracking it down.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
Takoyaki

Post by Takoyaki »

Thanks guys. The car is superficially decent but it's seen some bumps. Nothing serious but can see the rear bumper has had some treatment (possibly a rear end bump). Also the classic door dings as the panels are like wafer thin 😂. Wheels have definitely been refinished after the usual bubbling but am fine with that.

Got my Remus exhaust today so just need to fit. I may chicken out and take it to a garage. I could do the bumper removal method but am not sure if I can face those corroded bolts 😅

Feel free to call me a wuss!

All the best

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”