Mk1b T Bar

The place for all your general chat - Any MR2 related topics will be moved to the appropriate forum sections

Topic author
ringo73

Mk1b T Bar

Post by ringo73 »

Hi all,

I currently have a 1989 Mk1b T Bar Project Car that has sat in bits for years and I am never going to have the time to put it back on the road. Therefore it is with great sadness that I am thinking of selling this as is but am not sure how much it could be worth.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks all

Ringo73
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_Al_
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 7

Re: Mk1b T Bar

Post by _Al_ »

It’ll depend on a huge range of things.

Hope many of the original parts come with the car to restore it? What’s the condition like in terms of corrosion? Can you prove it’s mechanical condition, did it run, how are the electrics?

All that on top of the usual how many owners, how many miles, how much paperwork, where are you based etc etc

Ultimately the price you get will be a trade off of how much you want to invest in advertising it, how long you’re prepared to wait vs maximising the price you secure.

That looks like a major project though so you’re fishing in a small pool of buyers
Red 92 turbo tintop JDM
White 95 turbo tintop JDM (Nov '11 Show&Shine Winner)
Red 97 NA tintop JDM
Blue 95 tubby tintop JDM
Mica 96 NA T-bar UK
Red 96 UK NA
Red 97 NA tintop JDM

jeff
Administrator
Administrator
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 20
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jeff »

has it an engine ?

As Al says that's a major project, sort of thing you would see on car sos, where once they start a whole world of hurt and expense ensues
Not Plan B again!! Why don't we just go with plan B in the first place?
It’s more important to lose a minute in life than your life in a minute

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

MK1 spares (even used parts) are getting scarce and expensive, especially body parts. So if the body is in reasonable condition (ie not a rusty wreck) then its worth a bit, check eBay to get an idea of current prices and price accordingly.
At a guess, selling the lot you as a project you should be to get £1000+. Breaking it as spares could easily bring in more than that if you have the space/time and patience to go down that route.
You could advertise it on the Club Classifieds https://mr2oc.co.uk/classifieds/place-advert.html pick a price and invite offers .. see what response you get ;) you don't have to sell/accept any offers, won't cost you a penny and should give you an idea of the current market demand :)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
ringo73

Post by ringo73 »

Thank you everyone. Yes I do have everything that is needed to put it back together apart from the time. The engine and gearbox have now been out for about 6 to 7 years but it did run before that.

I also don't have the time to sell the parts so will try to put it up as is and see what offers I get.

Thanks
Ringo

Return to “General Banter”