MR2OC trackday - DATE CHANGE! 7th September - UPDATE!!!!!!

Use this forum to post about Trackdays and other sporting events involving MR2s.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

mr2babe

Re: MR2OC trackday - DATE CHANGE! 7th September - UPDATE!!!!

Post by mr2babe »

my managers is off today but i will ask tomorrow and post up.... thanks.. i hope to see ya there, really looking forward to it...:)

TobyMeek

Post by TobyMeek »

I may be able to make this as a spectator, but frankly I don't think my cars up to going on the track! If someone fancied giving me a quick whirl as a passenger though I'd be highly appreciative!

LBird

Post by LBird »

Hi guys
I'm an interloper - not an MR2 owner at all........ :!: thing is, I phoned Bedford having seen an ad. for an evening track event on 7th Sept., only to be told that the event had been cancelled and the slot offered to you guys, the MR2 Owners Club, instead..... The guy I spoke to seemed to think my car, being a rear-wheel drive, mid-engined sports car, would mix ok with yours and I wondered if you have any places free?

Before you leap on me and tell me to "something" off, there are lots of reasons why this is the most suitable time, date, venue etc. for me and I'm hoping you'll be persuaded that its ok for me to join in..... pretty please?

Yours hopefully...... (if there was such a thing as an ingratiating, pleading smiley, I'd insert it here)!!

Topic author
RichardPON
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by RichardPON »

LBird - by all means join in!

I'm getting on the case today to push people into attending, but I didn't think for one minute that we'd get close to filling the track by ourselves, as people are very good at talking the talk etc......

There will be a couple of non-MR2 attendees anyway, so join us by all means - we're a friendly bunch.

What's yours? Lotus Elise? MG?
Call me Victor!

World Record Failure non-attendee No.1!
NOT a black knight as I'm not sad enough to belong to an internet group according to the colour of my car!

ribbo

Post by ribbo »

DOH! just about to book a abingdon track day at around the same date and now i find out your letting non mr2's in.

if my brakes are done then i might come to this one, but i'll need to leave it to the latest to pay as i normally end up hospitalised a week before trackdays come about. I'll let andy know as well, i know he was quite dissapointed about not being allowed to bring his new beast along.

Ribbo

Topic author
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

Ribbo - we're opening it up, but only because I know we're never going to fill it.

However, we're not opening it up to all and sundry. With it being a novice based day, we're trying to keep the cars all similar, so if someone want to turn up with a 600bhp Supra, it isn't going to happen.

Will more than likely be majority MR2s, a few novice Elises etc....
Call me Victor!

NOT a black knight as I'm not sad enough to belong to an internet group according to the colour of my car!

LBird

Post by LBird »

RichardPON wrote:LBird - by all means join in!

I'm getting on the case today to push people into attending, but I didn't think for one minute that we'd get close to filling the track by ourselves, as people are very good at talking the talk etc......

There will be a couple of non-MR2 attendees anyway, so join us by all means - we're a friendly bunch.

What's yours? Lotus Elise? MG?
Thank you for such a positive response! :D Mine's a Lotus Elise. A very well used 8 year old S1 and this will be its very first time on the track! I will confirm with my boss that I can slide off work early that day and look forward to meeting you on 7th!

mr2babe

Post by mr2babe »

COOL :D.... can i be a passanger in elise . pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease ;)

ntensity

Post by ntensity »

No offence rich but I hate lotus's and I think they are the ugliest things ive seen which is only my opinion. Oh I also think Boxsters are a typical poor mans porsche with nothing to prove other than the driver cant drive to save his/her life and they are bland with no originality.
:)

Oh that doesnt matter though...an MR2 is just a chavs car...like u said. Would it be possible to mix other chavs cars with my chavved MR2 such as lets say...an s2000 or an FTO? Nothing skeptical..just a question.

regards.

Topic author
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

ntensity wrote:No offence rich but I hate lotus's and I think they are the ugliest things ive seen which is only my opinion. Oh I also think Boxsters are a typical poor mans porsche with nothing to prove other than the driver cant drive to save his/her life and they are bland with no originality.
:)

Oh that doesnt matter though...an MR2 is just a chavs car...like u said. Would it be possible to mix other chavs cars with my chavved MR2 such as lets say...an s2000 or an FTO? Nothing skeptical..just a question.

regards.
Ant - that's because you're a kid, with no real driving experience, or idea of what constitutes a driver's car. The Lotus Elise is one of the finest handling cars of all time, and the Boxster doesn't trail all that far behind. Both are spectacular driver's cars, and would MURDER your MR2 on the circuit. In fact, I may well bring a Boxster along just to show you what I mean, but since you've obviously driven both, I'll take your opinion with all the credibility it deserves ;)

Aside from that, we will be opening up the day to other cars, but I want the MR2s booked on first, so we don't disappoint anyone if it takes off....

B - passenger? Get yourself booked on!

See the other post.
Call me Victor!

PeteJ
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by PeteJ »

Would love an Elise :D

I cant make that week as I'm doing a handling day at Weald with the IMOC guys the following day.

Week off work + wife and kid = limited MR2 time. Gotta keep the peace ;)
Porsche 987 Boxster S 3.4 flat 6. Dyno 298 bhp 260 lbft.
CLICKY FOR BIG PICCY!
CLICKY For MR2

monk

Post by monk »

Booked time off and all paid for (on the credit card)

James Alderman - MK2 REV3 Turbo

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
See you then 8)

LBird

Post by LBird »

Just to dampen any "excitement" that might greet me and my Elise, I'm recovering from a back operation and the purpose of this excursion for me is to see how well I can handle a car on a circuit before I get the race car out again to do it "in anger". I've been driving the Elise on the road with no difficulty but as we all know, circuit driving is a very different matter! I am more than happy to give passenger rides when I've had a few laps to prove to myself that I'm capable!

By the way, just to further dampen any "excitement", I am a middle aged woman! :oops:

ntensity

Post by ntensity »

So rich u never answered my question...does it have to be MR?

But yea im still coming.

Ntensity - REV3 TURBO!!

For god sake I would end the whole handling debate if I bought a Caterham. I was trying 2 put a point across where u said u just didnt want a 2 cos u think its a chavs car... id normally respect ur opinions but thats a load of monkeys lol
I dont have track exp..but until a boxter or elise murders me Im gonna keep to my word ;)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Trackdaze”