Former SW20 owner saying hi (again)

Welcome to the club, come and say hello

Topic author
Wolfstone

Former SW20 owner saying hi (again)

Post by Wolfstone »

Good morning all.

Many years ago I think I was a member of this owners club when I owned a Jan 1998 registered SW20 Rev 4 in purplish blue metallic. I adored that car but sold it in the mid-2000s when I bought a VX220 Turbo and, hard as I tried, I couldn't justify owning 2 x 2-seater mid-engined cars!

Fast forward 20 years and I've still got the VX220 but still regret selling the MR2. It was in beautiful condition and I carefully looked after it, keeping it dealer serviced and totally standard. I'd be really interested to know if the owner is on here although I can see that the car has recently been SORN'd.

The registration is R260 EVV.

I've still got several spares for the MR2 stashed away. Unfortunately I've been overseas since 2017 (the VX is in secure and professional storage!) so the MR2 spares are in storage and not readily available. But within the next year I'll be back in the UK and if I've not bought another SW20 I'll look to offer these items for sale.

Anyway, good to be back on here and thanks for welcoming me!

_Al_
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 7

Re: Former SW20 owner saying hi (again)

Post by _Al_ »

Welcome back! The VX looks like an awesome car, and while I’d love one I’ve always suspected I’d be in the same boat as you - longing for the SW20.

Good luck hunting for one. They’re a lot harder to find in good nick now, but it’s possible.
Red 92 turbo tintop JDM
White 95 turbo tintop JDM (Nov '11 Show&Shine Winner)
Red 97 NA tintop JDM
Blue 95 tubby tintop JDM
Mica 96 NA T-bar UK
Red 96 UK NA
Red 97 NA tintop JDM

Return to “Introduce Yourself”