How To:- Replace the Electric Aerial
Replacement Electric Aerial
Your electric aerial has given up the ghost, after recovering from the shock of a visit to Mr T to inquire about a replacement, your wondering what to do. After some research I sourced a possible replacement from Maplin. Stock # RJ98 £18.17 + P&P + VAT. Total £24.49. Which turned out to be a very good choice, fits under the wing fine, is only a 3 wire connection ( comes complete with relay ) and the existing drain tube fits fine.
Note. No longer available from Maplin, but suitable replacements can be bought on eBay for the same sort of price.
- Disconnect the 6 pin connector from the existing relay
- Undo the nut on the aerial and remove it from the car ( you will have to pull the drain tube off the bottom of the motor )
- Fit the new aerial to the wing ( remember to refit the drain tube ) and set it at the angle you want before tightening up the nut.
- Cut and bend the supplied bracket and fit between the motor and the body.
- Connect up the aerial using the wiring diagram below. The black wire from the aerial can be bolted to the bodywork ( that's what I did ). Mr T's relay isn't needed as the replacement already has one. NOTE If you have an aftermarket head unit fitted make sure the switched aerial output from the head unit is connected to the Pink/Blue wire at the iso connector behind the head unit.
Thats all there is to it.
Copyright © by MR2 Owners Club All Right Reserved