RAT TROUBLE in the edan valley

For all your MR2 adventures
Please remember that racing on the public highway is both dangerous and illegal.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 15 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Keebsss47

Post by Keebsss47 »

thats crazy, i was up that way on the weekend, how far u guys from there, im about 45 mins away. amazing roads up there.

Topic author
MBland

Re: RAT TROUBLE in the edan valley

Post by MBland »

claw2k wrote:
organgrinder wrote:cool pics, i wish i had a mate :(
Everyone after 3

ARGHHHHH :roflmao:
:roflmao: 1st post sounds like a dating site lol

Nice pics :th:

Topic author
Trouble

Post by Trouble »

AJWB wrote:Nice pics (and cars :cool: )
Trouble wrote:Image
You were spotted taking these :th:
lol were we ?? apart from sheep that were there did see any one else??.... oh hang on thinking about it a convoy of off roaders went past us when we were here ?? :th:

Topic author
Trouble

Post by Trouble »

Keebsss47 wrote:thats crazy, i was up that way on the weekend, how far u guys from there, im about 45 mins away. amazing roads up there.
hey were about hour away at the most ... yeah roads are cool up there but you have to treat them with respect other wise your be walking or air lifted out from there :eeek:

i see your from cardiff im down there this friday/saturday night i ll keep my eye open for ya mate :th:

Topic author
AJWB

Post by AJWB »

Was going to say it would have been funny if you hadn't noticed us.

Sorry for putting a pic of Land Rovers on an MR2 forum :oops:

Topic author
ChimpsInTies

Post by ChimpsInTies »

I swear to god I took a picture from that exact spot last year when I was there (but I didn't get the 2 in the shot)

Here is my pic :th:

My Auntie lives out there. What a nice place.

Topic author
Trouble

Post by Trouble »

right place mate just we were one hair pin down from where you took this .lol

its an amazin place you could take a million pics and i still dont think you could capture this place !! !!

Topic author
Keebsss47

Post by Keebsss47 »

if u guys are going there on the 29th, i might meet up with you there? what time you guys planning on getting there? would be cool to meet some you lot lol

janey
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by janey »

Great pics, apart from the landrovers lol

Topic author
chris1roll

Post by chris1roll »

Just found this.
I was there the day before!
(I live in mid Somerset, so a bit of a drive, I filled up at Magor services on the way in, and again on the way out about 6 hours later!)

I didn't see a single other vehicle on that road!
(thinking about it, I just drove randomly and ended up there, so no-one knew where I was, other than "Wales" If i'd gone off the edge anywhere I could have stayed there for days!!)

I did some research with the help of Google earth and Wikipedia, those buildings are an abandoned lead mine. Apparently the average life expectancy of those who lived and worked there was 32.

When I got back I said those were the kinds of roads the MR2 was made for!
(Although apparently it rains more than 2/3rds of the time there, so only suitable for 2's 1/3 of the time!)

Absolutely stunning scenery, the reservoirs are something else too:
Google earth If I've done it right:
52°16'5.99"N
3°34'38.02"W

Won't be able to do it in an MR2 for about another 18 years soon, I might go again quick!

Sod it, one more gratuitous MR2 picture....

Cheers,
Chris

Topic author
Trouble

Post by Trouble »

lol .. nice colour next time your up this way chris let us know and we will all meet up

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 15 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “The Spirited Driving Chronicles”