Midlands monthly meet 17th Oct

Moderator: Regional Reps

Topic author
rhon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Midlands monthly meet 17th Oct

Post by rhon »

Octobers meet is on 17th at 7.30pm at the Harvester, Swindon Road, Kingswinford, DY69XA.

Hope to see you there!
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

SH1FTY

Re: Midlands monthly meet 17th Oct

Post by SH1FTY »

I might be up for coming over if my refund comes through on time (for petrol!) I'm about 40-50 miles away on the border of north and south Shropshire...

What is the format of the meet anyway? What usually happens?

As i say, i might come along if my money has come back in, i don't want to risk going that far on less than half a tank though, the roads from my house to Kingswinford are all stop/start country roads for 50% of the way and i can almost watch my gauge going down and that's in an N/A!!!

Anyway, give me a shout if you see this! Taa.

Shifty.

Mrs_smitty
Deceased Member R.I.P
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Mrs_smitty »

Why is it the meets are always when Smitty is on nights :crybaby:

The format for the meet SH1FTY is turn up, meet some great people, go into the pub and have a few drinks, maybe some food and generally have a good natter with every-one :th:

New Hubby, New House, New start what more could i want ?

SH1FTY

Post by SH1FTY »

Sounds good to me Mrs_Smitty! Well, all being well i'll be able to turn up, sink a few pints of coke (i never drink and drive) and have a good natter! It'll be nice to get to know a few people from around here too :) :th:

Sorry you won't be able to make it though! (Unless you pull a sicky) - Not that i ever condone such actions lol...

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

SH1FTY wrote:I might be up for coming over if my refund comes through on time (for petrol!) I'm about 40-50 miles away on the border of north and south Shropshire...

What is the format of the meet anyway? What usually happens?

As i say, i might come along if my money has come back in, i don't want to risk going that far on less than half a tank though, the roads from my house to Kingswinford are all stop/start country roads for 50% of the way and i can almost watch my gauge going down and that's in an N/A!!!

Anyway, give me a shout if you see this! Taa.

Shifty.
Roads to here are quite good! Depends where about a you're based tho. Craven arms is about 45 mins away, but the traffic shouldn't be too bad. My NA only uses 1/4 tank to get to Wales lol

red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

SH1FTY

Post by SH1FTY »

Yeah, i'm thinking my lambda sensor might be a tad goosed, but i wouldn't have thought so... it's not even done 65k yet! Oh well, i'll get it sorted in time...

Yeah, i'm in Church Stretton, so not far from the arms! I'll probably come over wenlock edge and over to bridgenorth, that way... I could do the motorway but it's about 14 miles longer and at that time of night i'll be able to see headlights on country roads... Hopefully not hit any badgers and damage my front splitter even further lol...

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Always good to meet new peoples dude :)

As said above, we all hang around outside until it gets too cold or rains then we go inside for a few drinks of flat Pepsi and a good old natter :th:
Cars suck donkey balls

SH1FTY

Post by SH1FTY »

vinp182 wrote:Always good to meet new peoples dude :)

As said above, we all hang around outside until it gets too cold or rains then we go inside for a few drinks of flat Pepsi and a good old natter :th:
Haha, sounds ideal Vinny! Well, all being well, i look forward to meeting you all wednesday! I really hope my cash is paid back in on time now lol - Then it'll be >>> :yahoo:

SH1FTY

Post by SH1FTY »

Great to meet you all tonight! Had a great time, hope to see you all again soon!

Shifty. :)

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

Good to have met you too :-) glad you got back safe n sound.

Return to “West Midlands”