rusty bar under engine

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
danielshort

rusty bar under engine

Post by danielshort »

Hi guys,

I was checking my engine bay today and noticed a fully rusted through bar which goes from the centre of the car to under the wheel arch. This is on the drivers side. There is an identical bar, fine on the passenger side. What is this and its purpose so I can order a new one. I presume its to relieve pressure on corners but I may be wrong!

Cheers, Dan

Topic author
Pav677

Re: rusty bar under engine

Post by Pav677 »

It's a cancer bar, think its for body/chassis support...

trevsmr2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by trevsmr2 »

Plenty of posts regarding these

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/41/158385.html

Topic author
danielshort

Post by danielshort »

When you say cancer bar I presume you mean its usual to go or that the car is terminal? I'm currently saving to take my car to a restorers to get a lot of work done but for now I want to make sure its safe to drive!

Topic author
danielshort

Post by danielshort »

Thanks for that, much appreciated

Topic author
Steve28

Post by Steve28 »

I put up a similar thread not long ago, their chassis braces and their £37 each iirc.

Topic author
Pav677

Post by Pav677 »

I just sold two for £20...

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”