Something Different For Rev 3 Rear Lights

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Something Different For Rev 3 Rear Lights

Post by shinny »

dawesy wrote:Have to agree. A uk front plate looks better on the mr2 and offers less obstruction to air getting to the radiator.
I used to agree with you, but now I prefer the look of my import plate.
Pav677 wrote:I am considering changing the plate, not for a UK one but a small UK type, maybe another excuse for the police though.
On an import there is a legally smaller (motorbike) font size you can use (provided in case there isn't space to mount a plate with full size font). However you might find your registration won't quite fit in the 13.5" width of the import holder even at the smaller legal size.

I went to order a legal sized, smaller front plate from createmyplates.com and got very good service from the guy, who took the time to phone me to explain it wouldn't fit and refunded my money completely. Despite not actually buying anything, it was a very positive experience so I'd give them a shout if I were you.

Topic author
Pav677

Post by Pav677 »

I'll give them a shout then pal thanks, I was just going to order off eBay as they have the right size for the holder but like you said, maybe the lettering can't be big enough to be legal.

dawesy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by dawesy »

Got mine from pro plates. They do legal sizes and are only £20 a pair.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”