Cams....

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
AcidK1

Cams....

Post by AcidK1 »

Know your 2 says that putting rev 3+ cams in a rev 1/2 will improve performance, is it a straight swap? Worth doing? Anyone done it?

:)

chaos19810
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Cams....

Post by chaos19810 »

I had to get a some machining done to get rev3 cams to fit into my rev1 tubby as it clipped certain areas no so sure about a rev2 I think they fit better. Either one requires the under bucket shims as the higher lift can cause them to be spat out
Mr2 G limited (gt-s engine) broken but fun
Mr2 uk 156 bhp - in bits
Mr2 gt 170bhp - with the parents
http://mr2turbo.wordpress.com/
If its broken hit it with a hammer if its still broken get a bigger hammer

GazRev1Tubby
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by GazRev1Tubby »

The exhaust cams are virtually the same - no gain to be had there.

The rev3 inlet cam is slightly higher lift than the earlier ones, and will net a small difference. You'll have to reshim the cam to the buckets if you swap one in, to get the correct clearances back. Its dead easy on a rev1 or 2, as they utilise shim over bucket setup, so can be done with the cam in place.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
1996 BPU Supra TT ;)
The deuce will surely be missed, until the second turbo comes online :th:

MR2DI4
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 23
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by MR2DI4 »

Would not go to the effort. The CT26 is the weakest link if your still running one. Change to a CT20b and your running out of fueling on the stock injectors before the cams become a problem.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”