Soft Top replacement

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
RBastin

Soft Top replacement

Post by RBastin »

Hi all,

I have replaced my soft top but have a strap with a metal eye attached and I cant seem to find where it should locate. I've tried to add a pic.

Can anyone advise please?

Many thanks,

Roy

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Soft Top replacement

Post by jimi »

Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topdownman
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Soft Top replacement

Post by Topdownman »

There is a strap that runs side to side in a small channel in the centre of the roof. The strap runs through this and wraps around the side bars.

The strap is there to pull the "ears" in when the roof is down. The strap does put pressure on the roof though and some people run without to save possible damage over time now the vinyl is old.

If you put your roof down you should see the 2 corners sticking out squarely, with the strap on they should be pulled in and tuck down.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”