3sge oil leak

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 1 week old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Klawrence
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

3sge oil leak

Post by Klawrence »

Getting a small oil leak on my mk2 3sge recently, with a few drops a day on the driveway.

I saw the rear of the engine was wet with oil and it was dripping down over the sump and gearbox area, so replaced the valve cover gasket as a first port of call. Leak still seems to be happening so I’m guessing it’s coming from further down the head as the exhaust manifold is dry.

Have ordered a dye kit to help track down the source of the leak but am thinking it could be the head gasket. Have checked the oil and can’t see any water in it apart from the usual little bit of creamy sweat on the filler cap.

Any ideas? From what I can see the leak is running down the rear face of the engine. Photo attached
Attachments
AD62ABFF-41F3-460C-B9BD-054A36E7B07F.jpeg
AD62ABFF-41F3-460C-B9BD-054A36E7B07F.jpeg (127.82 KiB) Viewed 66 times

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 1 week old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”