Mr2 sw20 rear inner arch repair advice

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem

Topic author
PolishSW20

Mr2 sw20 rear inner arch repair advice

Post by PolishSW20 »

Hello everybody,

I've been an sw20 owner now for 5 years, but I've only just joined the forum. I have a 1991 H reg uk rev1 which is undergoing a turbo conversion. (Forged 3sgte) I have a long list of goodies to go on, such as link g4x, Eagle rods with wossner pistons etc etc. But before all this must come the rust repairs.

This is my first time doing any bodywork repairs, I've done chassis rail patches in the past but that's the most. But overall I'm confident enough with a mig welder.

I need to do outer sills (haven't seen the inners yet), rear boot corners (under rear bumper), both rear inner arches and the area near the strut towers in the frunk. I'm confident on the process for the sills, as it's well documented but I'm struggling with the boot corners and inner arches.

My question is to you guys, do you have any pictures that show the method of re plating and mating up the inner arch to the outer arch? The boot corners would be very much appreciated too. Thanks in advance guys. I've added a picture of my SW20 in her former glory.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230520_140729_Instagram.jpg
20230519_175130.jpg
20230519_175117.jpg
20230519_175122.jpg
20230519_175110.jpg

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Mr2 sw20 rear inner arch repair advice