Japfest - May 14th - Info & Chat - Track Booking Info Added

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

foxy-stoat

Re: Japfest - May 14th - Info & Chat - Track Booking Info Ad

Post by foxy-stoat »

Simon, I just got an entry ticket. Havent decided about track time as yet. I am suppose to be going to Brands for a track day next month. Will see how it goes after that.

Topic author
Tinker2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Tinker2 »

hrdkrpmp wrote:Why the restriction on exhaust noise? I would love to go but cud never make it especially on the track. Dont know of any tracks over here let yah drive without a full roll cage. My exhaust would be too loud anyway and ive no bung boohoo. Mayb next year.
As Vinny said above, all circuits have noise limits, its to keep the people who live near them happy and just to clarify, you do not need a roll cage fitted. That is for competition racing, not a track session.

Just because your car may be too loud for the track, dosnt mean you cant come. To go on the stand it can be as loud and lairy as you like, its only the track with restrictions. Come along and say hi, be nice to have you along :th:

Vinny, we won't be having a dedicated OC session now as we are just not going to get 20 takers. All track time is being booked in the public sessions. Come if you can though, its only 1 day but I think the track action you get is worth it, especially watching our own members :D

Oh and Simon, you should be fine with the Blueflame, they are not much louder than stock so don't go drilling holes in your tips.
1990 Rev1 GLimited T-Bar Black = Gone but not forgotten
1998 Rev5 N/A Cosmos Blue = Sold
1995 Rev3 GT-S T-Bar Goodwood Green =

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Simon- my tubby with blueflame and de-cat was about 89db :th:
Cars suck donkey balls

simon1
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by simon1 »

ok cool will be good to see old and new faces at the shows this year :)
cheers vinp and carol - im sure its under as doesnt seem particulary loud but I will double check it anyway :th:
My MR2 MK2 REV2 Tubby
210.7 HP, 208 LB/ft Torque, 1/4mile in 14.7023s and castle coombe lap of 1:41 :D

alex.

Post by alex. »

Right, I'm in! Tickets are paid for!

Ever so slightly excited! :yahoo:

Better get moving with the car :blush:

Topic author
Tinker2

Post by Tinker2 »

Well done Alex, smiled when I saw you had bought some tickets. About time you brought your car out to play ! Need to work on Nick now, would be good if he came too.

We will have a convoy going over for the glos/chelt/stroud lot, will arrange that a bit closer to the time and let you know :th:

alex.

Post by alex. »

I know I know lol. Was a very spontaneous thing, I just ordered the tickets! Mega excited! I'll work on nick too, I will hound him with texts tomorrow.

He just had a sex change op tho and he know prefers Nicola...
Last edited by alex. on 04/05/11 8:59, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Tinker2

Post by Tinker2 »

Ah, the power of a woman. If she can get you to bring your car to a show when you never bring it to a meet, she must be very pretty ;)

Nick comes in my pub on Friday lunch times so know about his op. He said on days out he likes to be able to take the whole family & can't with the 2. Either he needs to come out on his own or he is welcome to my passenger seat for his other half :th:

alex.

Post by alex. »

It's having the spare cash for meets I struggle with, also the car always misbehaves :-/

This gives me plenty of time to sort the car etc

Craig-rev3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

Be good to see you Alex, yet to see your golden beast! :D

Just paid for my tickets, looking forward to show season :clapping:

Hopefully I'll have the '2 sorted in time for this, I've a feeling it'll be a close one though :rolleyes:
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

alex.

Post by alex. »

Craig-rev3 wrote:Be good to see you Alex, yet to see your golden beast! :D
You too mate, that last meet where I had a passenger ride in Nicks car seems along time ago! I am hoping the car will be near up to scratch, got two bumpers to get sprayed and a truck load of parts to fit... ugggggggh! :D :th:

Toms-MR2

Post by Toms-MR2 »

Just bought my ticket, this'll be my first big show with an MR2, so will be really nice to meet all you guys and gals, looks like it'll be a big turnout, and should be a fun drive down from Hull :rolleyes: haha

pashy

Post by pashy »

hi, just put my name down (paid through the owners club) could anyone tell me if i bring someone with me, how much does it cost? and if so, do i have to purchase a new ticket through the club again. :D

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japfest Archive”