Bristol meet January 2012

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Bristol meet January 2012

Post by shinny »

Craig-rev3 wrote:Shinny, did you feel a big difference with between just alignment & corner weighting/alignment?
Not pushed it hard yet, but it seems to be very planted. More so than just alignment alone from what I remember, tho it's been months since the tubby's had straight wheels! :blush:

Craig-rev3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

shinny wrote:
Craig-rev3 wrote:Shinny, did you feel a big difference with between just alignment & corner weighting/alignment?
Not pushed it hard yet, but it seems to be very planted. More so than just alignment alone from what I remember, tho it's been months since the tubby's had straight wheels! :blush:
Mine haven't been straight since getting the BC's fitted! I'll probably get it corner weighted as well in that case, just need to get my wheels fitted first.
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

Craig-rev3
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

shinny wrote:
Mine haven't been straight since getting the BC's fitted! I'll probably get it corner weighted as well in that case, just need to get my wheels fitted first.
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

dellams

Post by dellams »

Hmmmm, you work for MI5 now shinny? And you got top secret 'M' mods on your 2? Like maybe some nice machine guns and oil slick, etc? Of course you cant answer that or your have to kill me! ;-)
94 Rev3 Turbo GT-S TBAR

shinny

Post by shinny »

Craig-rev3 wrote:Mine haven't been straight since getting the BC's fitted! I'll probably get it corner weighted as well in that case, just need to get my wheels fitted first.
The wheels won't make a difference - or not significant enough. I ran this past him cos my track wheels are different to my road wheels :th:

shinny

Post by shinny »

dellams wrote:Hmmmm, you work for MI5 now shinny? And you got top secret 'M' mods on your 2? Like maybe some nice machine guns and oil slick, etc? Of course you cant answer that or your have to kill me! ;-)
lol - I told you what I had done on that post!! :rolleyes:

Topic author
LukaHarris

Post by LukaHarris »

Is this meet going ahead as i fell like another Bristol blast!

dellams

Post by dellams »

shinny wrote:
dellams wrote:Hmmmm, you work for MI5 now shinny? And you got top secret 'M' mods on your 2? Like maybe some nice machine guns and oil slick, etc? Of course you cant answer that or your have to kill me! ;-)
lol - I told you what I had done on that post!! :rolleyes:
errr, which one? :)
94 Rev3 Turbo GT-S TBAR

dellams

Post by dellams »

LukaHarris wrote:Is this meet going ahead as i fell like another Bristol blast!
Yeah still waiting to hear when and where it is exactly? I need as much notice as possible so I stand a chance of making it... :)
94 Rev3 Turbo GT-S TBAR

Topic author
Kitsan

Post by Kitsan »

Dellams, shinny said he got his car corner weighted, a few posts back then he quoted it again up there ^.

It is where your suspension gets adjusted to take into account the cars weight on each corner. Including the driver sat in the drivers seat.

dellams

Post by dellams »

Ohhhhh , right, sorry must have missed that post!

Sounds like a good idea, do you need to sit in it while they make the adjustments? Or do you just tell them your weight? :)

How much does all that cost then?
94 Rev3 Turbo GT-S TBAR

shinny

Post by shinny »

dellams wrote:Sounds like a good idea, do you need to sit in it while they make the adjustments? Or do you just tell them your weight? :)
You sit in each each time it gets weighed... and I think we did 6 or 7 weighings.
dellams wrote:How much does all that cost then?
Also mentioned above ;)
shinny wrote:Total cost £300

dellams

Post by dellams »

Ok thanks. :blush:

Where did you get that done then? Be tempted myself if it makes a big difference like it sounds it does?
94 Rev3 Turbo GT-S TBAR

shinny

Post by shinny »

I got it done at track developments just north of Chippenham. My car was a long way out of alignment beforehand, hence the amazing difference. If you don't plan track work, the extra expense of corner weighting over 4-wheel alignment might not be justified. However, your coilovers aren't properly setup until you car has been cornerweighted ;)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “South West”