Autodocs

Use this forum to chat about general MR2 topics. See also the Mk1 Mk2 and Mk3 sections above for more specific technical information
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Autodocs

Post by jimi »

Anyone bought drop links from them ? Prices seem incredibly cheap even without the promo discount. I did buy a new alternator from them a few years ago ( for a very good price) and it's been spot on.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/twi ... o-25012021

Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Synz
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Autodocs

Post by Synz »

Ahhh Autodocs... where to start.

Firstly don’t be fooled by the .co.uk they are a German company and that’s where the parts come from.

I ordered a few bits from them last year, customer service was great and they even let me add to my order after I checked out. Shipping was fast and prices are too good to be true...

And that’s were the bad points come in, a lot like ordering from a supermarket if they don’t have the particular brand in you ordered they will replace it and not necessarily with a ‘better’ item or tell you.
Usually you will get a STARK automotive product as I did, the quality feels good but I’m unsure of the longevity, with them being a German company I have hope the quality will be decent.

I have read of people sending stuff back to them for the actual brand they ordered but I didn’t bother as the price was pretty much the same and didn’t want the hassle.
- MR2 Rev5 2.0 GTi TBar 2008 - 2011
- MR2 Rev5 Turbo GTS TBar 2020 - Present
- MR2 Rev3 Turbo GTS Donor car (RIP)
www.instagram.com/fuel_toyota
My Project thread

Topic author
jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Autodocs

Post by jimi »

I know their a German company ;)
As I said I bought a new 70A alternator from them about 4 years ago cost £65.40 which was much cheaper than anywhere else I could find. IIRC it was made by Alanko and seemed well made, still in use today. I got the specific one I ordered, used their online chat with a query and it was very good.
Just wondered if anyone had bought their droplinks and what they were like ?
They come with a 2 year warranty
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Discussion”