CD Player for Mk1

This section is for technical Q & A only - any other threads will be deleted/moved. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.

Topic author
shaunsizen

CD Player for Mk1

Post by shaunsizen »

Hi
New to the group been an MR2 fan since many moons ago, worked for Toyota in Crawley in their IT division back in the 80's and first company car was a red T bar, 3 of us collected them the same day with ascending number plates all red ,and turned some heads when we drove down the M23!!
So finally grabbed a tidyish 87 plate T bar red with leather doing some interior bits, needs rear wheel arches done and had badly fitted fibreglass fronts so will sort that.
For now my question is on the radio, it had a "censored" Pioneer so I got a NOS from Mr Mr2
https://www.mr2mk1toyotaspares.com/prod ... -brand-new
Its wider than the trim he has not been overtly helpful just said some had wider trims, can this be made to fit? Also would love the matching CD anyone know what one that would be?
Cheers

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: CD Player for Mk1

Post by jimi »

Can't say I've ever seen that type fitted to a MK1 (or one with a cd player) as standard. The version of the owners handbook that covers 1b's (which all T-bars are) shows various different head units but doesn't show that type.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
shaunsizen

Post by shaunsizen »

I agree it was sod as a direct swap but is not will send back, thanks for the advice

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

If you use the standard Mr T brackets to secure it, it is possible to enlarge the front panel opening slightly. I've done it and isn't noticeable if done carefully, depends how much extra width you need.
What did you dislike about the Pioneer ? I have a Pioneer DEH-P5500MP radio/cd/mp3/wma head unit fitted to mine, works fine doesn't look glaringly out of place IMO

Topic author
shaunsizen

Post by shaunsizen »

Nothing really against it I was going for originality but I have put the Pioneer back in as it gives me a CD as well as radio. Fitted new aerial so at least get a reception now. Just sorting cigarette lighter as it was very corroded so replacing with a USB as more use and who smoke sin cars these days !!!
Got to fit the front number plate bracket, previous owner stuck a stupid small front number plate on the bumper, illegal and looks awful so a bit of warm ait and a plastic scraper I hope will see that in the bin!
God I love these cars takes me back to when I was a lot younger :)

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

This is mine when I first fitted it back around 2005/6, still in use today :cool1:
Pioneer.jpg

Topic author
shaunsizen

Post by shaunsizen »

Looks much like mine I dont really want to hack the head and would like a CD so will stick with the Pioneer. I need a new fascia trim anyway as mine has had holes drilled in the side!!

Return to “ICE”