ECU Fuse

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
N52

ECU Fuse

Post by N52 »

Hi All,

Want to reset my ECU so checked knowledge base on how to, then checked the fuse locations thread > http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2-know ... bartid=173

I can't really read the location for the fuse for the ECU, I think it says 7B in the picture..?

Does anyone else know the location?

-----------------------------

Sorry, ignore the thread I was reading too fast! I was reading the amp rating..I can see that the ECU is fuse 10 :facepalm:

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: ECU Fuse

Post by shinny »

You're looking at the wrong fuse, I'm afraid. You need to be looking at the EFI and ECU-IGN fuses in the engine bay fuse box.

Specifically, to reset the ECU (eg. to clear codes) you need to turn the ignition off (including any turbo timer you may have) and then remove the EFI fuse for a few seconds. The maps are fixed, so don't the engine's ECU it to be "relearning" your driving style. The mk2 ECUs simply aren't that advanced.

AFAIK the ECU-B fuse is used for other ECUs in the car (eg. ABS)

Topic author
N52

Post by N52 »

Thanks for the reply I'll remove the EFI fuse for a minute or two and try that. - This is the fuse in then engine bay - No.1 right?

Also sorry I didn't get what you meant here I assume you typo'd?
'The maps are fixed, so don't the engine's ECU it to be "relearning" your driving style.'

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

N52 wrote:Thanks for the reply I'll remove the EFI fuse for a minute or two and try that. - This is the fuse in then engine bay - No.1 right?

Also sorry I didn't get what you meant here I assume you typo'd?
'The maps are fixed, so don't the engine's ECU it to be "relearning" your driving style.'
I think he meant to put

The maps are fixed, so don't expect the engine's ECU to be "relearning" your driving style
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

shinny

Post by shinny »

Thanks Jimi... that's the word I was missing :th:

Topic author
N52

Post by N52 »

So in theory it wouldn't help anything? After a vacuum leak that is.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

It will clear any fault codes that are stored in the ECU
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

shinny

Post by shinny »

Indeed.. on the mk2 resetting the ECU clears fault codes and that's it. Once you've read fault codes it is then best to reset the ECU so you can see if any reoccur. Otherwise there is no benefit.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”