Engine Poly mount Sizes

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
brow1985

Engine Poly mount Sizes

Post by brow1985 »

As title does anyone the size required for both the front and rear engine mount bushes for a MK2 Rev 3.

Topic author
Smitty1977

Re: Engine Poly mount Sizes

Post by Smitty1977 »

Checking this out

http://www.driftworks.com/powerflex-bus ... 89-99.html

the rear one is 79mm

the front can be one of three 73mm, 79mm or 83.5mm

I'm guessing the 83.5 will be tubby and the 73mm may well be the FE, so that'll leave the 79mm for the N/A, but someone might have one kicking around they could check for you.

madbasshunter
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 10

Re: Engine Poly mount Sizes

Post by madbasshunter »

I would measure yours to be honest. It should be
73mm na
79mm turbo
83.5mm trd
but a lot of cars have had them changed (I had to send my 83.5mm mount to powerflex for them to make the mould when I ordered 79mm without checking) and the rear ones can be 83.5 as Jim found out.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”