quick question

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Gazuk

quick question

Post by Gazuk »

Hi i havent been on for a while with work and things but i got a friend of mine to change the front calliper on my car when i picked it up he said that my car has some sort of release air valve thing that at a certain rpm it opens to allow more air in and make the car go faster i havent tried it yet not had the time or place but was wondering if this is true and if it is what is it called just trying to learn a bit more about my 2 .

ps its a mk2 1992 2.0 n/a

thans in advance gaz

romford.dan
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 4

Re: quick question

Post by romford.dan »

Never been over 5k rpm? :D

Topic author
Gazuk

Post by Gazuk »

i have but not lately i work 5 miles from my house and its not the sort of roads to race about on and ive had the problem with breaks being stuck on then freed them up and they didnt work to well till i got new callipers.

Topic author
fingers99

Post by fingers99 »

some sort of release air valve thing that at a certain rpm it opens to allow more air in and make the car go faster
Well, sort of. See WikiPaedea for some details.

MRturboTom
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 9

Post by MRturboTom »

Sounds like an ecotec valve
'94 Mk2 Rev 3 GT-S 295 fwhp @1.2 bar
'93 Mk2 Rev 2 GT-S 296 fwbhp @ 0.9bar

stuMR2lee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by stuMR2lee »

Topic author
Gazuk

Post by Gazuk »

Thanks guys now i know what its all about so all good. it was a bit of a mystery to me and the guy who said about it didnt know much either so im 1 up on him .

thank again gaz

Topic author
littlemisstubby

Post by littlemisstubby »

Yep. ACIS. The Ecotek CB26P valve works at all revs and makes a funny noise when you come off the throttle. :)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”