steering rack

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
steve brown
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

steering rack

Post by steve brown »

can anyone tell me where to get a recon steering rack for 1996 g limited with power steering. Cheers

ElvisRockVinyl

Re: steering rack

Post by ElvisRockVinyl »

steve brown wrote:can anyone tell me where to get a recon steering rack for 1996 g limited with power steering. Cheers
With the MR2 being as old as it is getting a recon power rack will be rare and very expensive, I couldn't find one when I replaced my rack, I got hold of several scrapyard racks and annoying they leaked after x amount of miles, the price of a new one was more than the car was worth so last summer I did the manual rack conversion and it's never handled so well :th: don't have to worry about leaking racks now, I bought a used manual rack from MR-MR2 on ebay, looked new when it came, I would advise to keep away from used power racks your be wasting your money.

You can how ever get rebuild kits from overseas, i was going to do this on mine until i found that the rack it self was so rusted that new seals wouldn't seal properly and the was the main reason why it was leaking in the first place

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: steering rack

Post by peteV6R5 »

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/171/16009 ... 5#p1689605
Multiple thread - the link takes you to the one with most replies on
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”