upgrading my turbo

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
afennell
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 2

upgrading my turbo

Post by afennell »

Happy new year everyone,

Im looking at upgrading my turbo and would like some advice on a good bolt on kit.

What turbo would you suggest if you were after a fast road / track car keeping spool times as low as possible?
I’m not looking at chasing big bhp numbers and will be running on standard internals for the time being.

I have been offered a Precision 5130 or 4831, but im not too sure on how these turbos differ.

chaos19810
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: upgrading my turbo

Post by chaos19810 »

I would go and get out in some other members cars and see what set ups you like?
Mr2 G limited (gt-s engine) broken but fun
Mr2 uk 156 bhp - in bits
Mr2 gt 170bhp - with the parents
http://mr2turbo.wordpress.com/
If its broken hit it with a hammer if its still broken get a bigger hammer

madmr2man

Post by madmr2man »

What turbo do you currently have?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

JonnyHizzle

Post by JonnyHizzle »

hmltnangel over on imoc is selling a GT2860 kit. This is quite a good compromise for a quick spooling turbo as you're not chasing big bhp numbers. They are good for just over 300hp, wouldn't push it much harder if you are staying on stock internals

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”