Rear wheel arch Repair Datsun?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
fogg5446

Post by fogg5446 »

I have just bought a mk1 mr2 which needs a few new panels. I am looking to get the rear arch repair panels but the ones i have found are very expensive and i am trying to do the repairs on a budget.

I heave rear on the forums that rear arches from a datsun cherry can fit with a little bit of a modification. Just wondering what year of Datsun cherry arch i need? I have found these ones CLICKY but if someone can clarify which ones i need that would be great.

Cheers!

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

That's the ones :th:
This is what they look like fitted :wink:
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
robd

Re: Rear wheel arch Repair Datsun?

Post by robd »

Ooooooooh cool, didn't know that! Do they look the same as the standard Mk1 arches when fitted? If so might get myself a pair of these as my arches need sorting & that's dead cheap! That should definitely be added to Know Ur 2 or stickied as that is soooo cheap compared to the Ebay ones!! :th:

Have you got them fitted to your car Jimi? Is there much work to be done to make them fit? :)

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

The profile is slightly different, but you'd need to be very familiar with the MK1 to notice. As for making them fit, Paul Woods is the man to ask, he fitted them to my car (many years ago, before I got it) The other thing to note is that these are purely just the arch not the bottom sections either side.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
robd

Post by robd »

Cheers for the info Jimi, will look into this then as the rust is driving me around the bend. :) They look really good on yours from the pic so yeah doesn't look like you can see much difference if any. :th:

Topic author
alfiembra

Post by alfiembra »

As Jimi says you'd need to know what your looking for to notice the difference. The Datsun arches are slightly more rounded in cross section than the original.

I got these from Germany,

http://www.toyota-heaven.de/1106100.htm

a few years back, which again are not exact replacements but have a slightly squarer profile closer to the original. here they are fitted.

Before

After

Alan

Topic author
fogg5446

Post by fogg5446 »

Cheers guys look like i'll go for the datsun arches for the rear. Got a bargain set of front wings of ebay so its coming to gether slowly!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”