Fitting Ford wheels ?

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
trevsmr2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 6

Fitting Ford wheels ?

Post by trevsmr2 »

Has anyone tried a Ford wheel for fitment on the MK2 ?
Just curious I'm not saying i want to but might be some alternative wheel choices, although how many fords had a staggered wheel set up ?
"For 1993, the lug nuts front and rear were lengthened slightly- between five and ten millimeters.

Lug nut pattern for the Mk II is 5-on-114.3 mm. If you think that’s a bit peculiar as a size, its because it is a Ford bolt pattern converted to metric."

MGMgrand

Re: Fitting Ford wheels ?

Post by MGMgrand »

I have seen one being the newish Mustang. That one had some really nice Rays and they were certainly staggered but I think they were like 10 at the rear or very close to that. Maybe a step to far for a 2?

Nik da Greek

Re: Fitting Ford wheels ?

Post by Nik da Greek »

I think a few of the Fords designed in conjunction with Mazda may have the correct stud pattern, but offsets may well be another matter. Certainly stuff like Probes had 114.3 PCD cos they were basically a Mazda MX-6 in a fat suit, and they had fairly nice five-spoke 16x8 inch alloys on the 24 valve models. Not staggered, though.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”