My new wheels - opinions ?

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Steve-Gts-Turbo

Re: My new wheels - opinions ?

Post by Steve-Gts-Turbo »

GazRev1Tubby wrote:
Hugh Janus wrote:do the MR2's have any sort of camber adjustment?
Not as standard iirc, but I think you can get adjustable camber bolts ? You thinking a bit of camber on the rear ?

here you go bud,

camber bolts

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... 9519&rs=gb

love the wheels mate, the 18" s certainly fill the arches nicely

:th: :th: :cool1:

Topic author
GazRev1Tubby
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by GazRev1Tubby »

Thanks all for the comments - thanks steve for the camber bolt kit, I may get a set and go for another geo setup with a bit of negative camber on the rears :th:
1996 BPU Supra TT ;)
The deuce will surely be missed, until the second turbo comes online :th:

topgun
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Nice choice mate spot on :th:

Topic author
GazRev1Tubby

Post by GazRev1Tubby »

Thanks Mick :th:
1996 BPU Supra TT ;)

iLogik

Post by iLogik »

now they look the business bud, but I think you need to lower it more :P

Hugh Janus

Post by Hugh Janus »

iLogik wrote:now they look the business bud, but I think you need to lower it more :P
i said to gary about flaring the rear arches, now they look cool :th: wierd why has the picture clipped?

Topic author
GazRev1Tubby

Post by GazRev1Tubby »

Cheers Al, I have to say that the black one looks awesome ! Mine is lowered 30mm and I can only just get off my drive now ! If I lowered it any more then the border front would meet the tarmac :laughing

Funnily enough Mark (hugh janus) on here said about dropping it a bit more when he popped round earlier and i'm thinking of going coilies in the spring so i'll probably play with different ride heights then :th:
1996 BPU Supra TT ;)

iLogik

Post by iLogik »

GazRev1Tubby wrote:Cheers Al, I have to say that the black one looks awesome ! Mine is lowered 30mm and I can only just get off my drive now ! If I lowered it any more then the border front would meet the tarmac :laughing

Funnily enough Mark (hugh janus) on here said about dropping it a bit more when he popped round earlier and i'm thinking of going coilies in the spring so i'll probably play with different ride heights then :th:
thats the only downside to big bumpers in the uk hit a pot hole, slightly high curb, the various sized speed bumps and its trashed or ripped off. My trial bumper on the mk3 sat about 3 inches off the ground I had to get it trimmed so I could get off my drive lol

The arch gap let it down as it had more of a gap than bugs bunny's teeth.

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

GazRev1Tubby wrote:I covered them in carnauba wax and polished them up before I fitted them, I won't actually be using my car while the snow is here but I thought it better to protect them from the word go to avoid heartache later on :th:
Not going to the Essex meet then?
Good choice, mate. Wolfrace Eurosport Sharks?

One reason I chose the D1Rs is because keeping studs clean is a PITA and they cost a fortune to replace. The other is their light weight. Do you know what yours are?
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
GazRev1Tubby

Post by GazRev1Tubby »

TonyleFrog wrote:
GazRev1Tubby wrote:I covered them in carnauba wax and polished them up before I fitted them, I won't actually be using my car while the snow is here but I thought it better to protect them from the word go to avoid heartache later on :th:
Not going to the Essex meet then?
Good choice, mate. Wolfrace Eurosport Sharks?

One reason I chose the D1Rs is because keeping studs clean is a PITA and they cost a fortune to replace. The other is their light weight. Do you know what yours are?
Yes mate bang on - eurosport sharks :D I was a bit apprehensive about the wolfrace brand but they seem really well made so that tipped me to buying them.They aren't particularly light weight but not as heavy as I expected either and i'm going to invest in a soft brush and some muc-off wheel cleaner for around the studs - certainly not wonder wheels though ;) . I'm not going to the meet on monday - new tyres + snow = kerbed rims :laughing plus I haven't driven the car since last weekend so the snow and ice is really thick and I can't be bothered to scrape it all off :no:

Maybe we could do another meet this month when the snow has gone? If not it'll be feb for me i'm afraid :rolleyes:
1996 BPU Supra TT ;)

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

Gaz been looking at these for a while now, just think they look the dogs dangly bits.

For what its worth great choice :th:
Just love the 5 spoke look - balanced and with that rim 1 step up from the triads we both have
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Topic author
GazRev1Tubby

Post by GazRev1Tubby »

peteV6R5 wrote:Gaz been looking at these for a while now, just think they look the dogs dangly bits.

For what its worth great choice :th:
Just love the 5 spoke look - balanced and with that rim 1 step up from the triads we both have
Thanks bud, I was a bit concerned they'd be too big to fit but they went on a dream and the offsets are bang on :th: I'm very happy with the look now :D
1996 BPU Supra TT ;)

Olly

Post by Olly »

Very nice mate, and I'm picky when it comes to wheels.

:th:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”