Rev1 3sfe to Rev2 3sge Engine Swap

Considering a turbo or V6 conversion then use this forum
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 3 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
commandosqueak
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Rev1 3sfe to Rev2 3sge Engine Swap

Post by commandosqueak »

As some of you may know my head gasket is on its way out. rather than forking out the repair costs im gunna do a engine swap. If i was to do this swap what else would i need. i know that the exhaust needs to be changed but thats fine as it needs replacing anyway. one 'asumes' that as both are 3s blocks the gearbox plus ancillerys are the same. am i right in thinking i would need the ecu and the loom plus all the air filter system? anything else im missing????

YAE

Re: Rev1 3sfe to Rev2 3sge Engine Swap

Post by YAE »

Best thing todo i would guess i buy a donor car and swap out the whole back end them sell off other parts etc i would swap hubs, brakes, suspension the lot.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 3 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Engine Conversions”