Apexi Boost gauge, removal

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
1988rocco

Apexi Boost gauge, removal

Post by 1988rocco »

Previous owner somewhere down the line has fitted a after market Apexi boost gauge on the top of the steering column. Personally its not to my taste, does not seem to work (though does have power as it illumiates and it also creates a high pitch very faint but noticeable electrical discharge whine.

My question is Will there be any problems with me just unplugging/removing it. I will be leaving the wiring there for now just incase it will cause problems if I remove it.

The boost gauge is an apexi one with 3 buttons for peak, record and something else.

On another note my car is going down to rogue on Monday to have a heath check and see if/what needs doing :)

Cheers people :)
Phil

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Apexi Boost gauge, removal

Post by Howlin_Mad »

1988rocco wrote:Previous owner somewhere down the line has fitted a after market Apexi boost gauge on the top of the steering column. Personally its not to my taste, does not seem to work (though does have power as it illumiates and it also creates a high pitch very faint but noticeable electrical discharge whine.

My question is Will there be any problems with me just unplugging/removing it. I will be leaving the wiring there for now just incase it will cause problems if I remove it.

The boost gauge is an apexi one with 3 buttons for peak, record and something else.

On another note my car is going down to rogue on Monday to have a heath check and see if/what needs doing :)

Cheers people :)
Phil
If you're going into Rogue, just get Matt to take it off whilst it's there.

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

jimGTS
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9

Post by jimGTS »

Maybe think of somewhere else to put it?

If it's a black faced one pm me if you want rid, I may be interested.
......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____

Topic author
1988rocco

Post by 1988rocco »

Hey Jim, as it's giving off a electrical discarge noise and doesn't always work, and by that I mean I have seen it work once lol. I'm not sure how good it is.
It's a white faced one that illuminates blue, so prob not what your after.
If taking it out doesn't cause any problems your welcome to have it.
Will pm you once I have the car back ( hopefully sometime next week )

Phil

jimGTS
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9

Post by jimGTS »

would be after black faced, so not to worry.

long as you cover any open wires with tape you should be ok to remove.

also good idea to see how its plumbed into the engine also, as youll need to block this line also.

that gauge should come with a sendor also, as its not a mechanical gauge.
......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”