AW11 lights Problem

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
SuperRed2

AW11 lights Problem

Post by SuperRed2 »

Hello,

Ive a 1990 AW11 and are having problems with my passenger side headlight. When I put on the full headlights they both work but when I put on just the dips only the passenger works, Ive done the following work to find out the problem but problem still there

checked for a bad earth,
replaced the dim dip relay
cleaned the contacts on the bulb connector
Replaced the bulb
Checked the wiring for a break.

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks

Paul

Topic author
Fab4mr2

Re: AW11 lights Problem

Post by Fab4mr2 »

Would love to hear if you figure out what the problem is as I am having the same issue with my '89 4agze (usdm version). It is on my passenger side as well, but your driver's side. I had probably been driving around for ages with just one headlight, and just hadn't realized one of them was out until someone mentioned it to me. I also have checked various possible issues with no luck, after first replacing the headlight. I've also checked various other websites regarding this issue, but no luck so far. It's a rather unusual problem for me, as I have owned 3 MKI's and have rarely had any electrical issues of any kind with them. The BGB electrical diagram hasn't been a big help with diagnosing the problem either. So far I have had to drive around with my brights on all the time, but with the headlamps severely adjusted to keep from blinding other drivers, lol.

Tracxs
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by Tracxs »

Hi got this problem sorted..didnt actually solve it just worked around it, i took a power and earth over from the working light to the non working one light and hey presto both lights are working, still though the problem is annoying but at least all is working

Tracxs
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by Tracxs »

Problem solved...wired the non working headlight directly to the working headling with an inline fuse and hey presto working

Topic author
suchafunkymonkey

Post by suchafunkymonkey »

Have you checked the wiring in the LHS footwell? There is a junction box in there with all the wires for the headlights.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”