Will this work on a Mk2 Rev 5 ?

This section is for technical Q & A only - any other threads will be deleted/moved. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
FastFord
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Will this work on a Mk2 Rev 5 ?

Post by FastFord »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-CE ... 4addaa23af

Anyone have any experience with stereos ?

Will this go into a Mk2 Rev 5 without any serious issues ?

" Roof OFF Grin ON " ... Nothing says Im having a Midlife Crisis better than a T-Bar ! lol :D

doogal44
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Will this work on a Mk2 Rev 5 ?

Post by doogal44 »

Yes it will physically fit but would be unsure if all of its functions would work.
And you would need to buy the correct connectors to change from that to iso and then I so back to mr2.
May be worth a gamble if it goes for cheap enough.

Topic author
FastFord

Post by FastFord »

doogal44 wrote:Yes it will physically fit but would be unsure if all of its functions would work.
And you would need to buy the correct connectors to change from that to iso and then I so back to mr2.
May be worth a gamble if it goes for cheap enough.

Im non-savy with the stereo gear,and ive never had the back off my current unit.

Hence preffering to get an "expert (or as close as possinle!) oppion" rather than taking a gamble matie.

Thanks for the quick response tho :th:
" Roof OFF Grin ON " ... Nothing says Im having a Midlife Crisis better than a T-Bar ! lol :D

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by shinny »

That is not going to be plug and play if you want any of the satnav stuff to work... at very least, one of the many plugs at the back will connect to a GPS antenna built into the car. Your rev5 won't have that. I suspect there will be a few connections back there that won't make much sense in the rev5 either.

I would recommend going aftermarket for a stereo upgrade... it will probably be easier to install, IMHO.

Topic author
FastFord

Post by FastFord »

shinny wrote:That is not going to be plug and play if you want any of the satnav stuff to work... at very least, one of the many plugs at the back will connect to a GPS antenna built into the car. Your rev5 won't have that. I suspect there will be a few connections back there that won't make much sense in the rev5 either.

I would recommend going aftermarket for a stereo upgrade... it will probably be easier to install, IMHO.

cheers shinny, sage advice mate

I was thinking going down the Toyota purist route, but agreed :th:

and for 180 notes, that goes a good way to getting a decent "plug n play" double din unit.

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “ICE”