buzzing feedback noise 1995 n/a mk 2 active system

This section is for technical Q & A only - any other threads will be deleted/moved. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Robino

Re: buzzing feedback noise 1995 n/a mk 2 active system

Post by Robino »

FINALLY IT'S CURED! :clapping1:
After a year of trying to sort my aftermarket stereo buzz (UK rev 3 1995), it's finally gone! Just do what Kinsy's pictures show, move the black wire along one slot - so it joins through the white connectors to the GREEN wire (or green/siver on mine) on the Toyota side, instead of the BROWN wire (or Brown/silver). You just need to pull the pin out of the back of the plug with a good tug using pliers (I pushed a jewellers screwdriver into the other side first to release a protruding catch which might lock it in place).

For info here are the pics again. Look at the 3 wires in the middle running brown-green-yellow/silver. Connection was originally made to the brown wire...
23614_10150160573265440_772830439_11678296_1888236_n.jpg
And now with the wire moved along to connect to the green wire...
23614_10150160573400440_772830439_11678298_5387658_n.jpg
My adaptor lead is the Autoleads one and it seems the wiring colours are the same as the Celcius version.

The black wire you are moving is the screen (earth) for the 2 pairs of RCA phono leads to the amp inputs.

I had professional auto electricians try to sort this problem and they got nowhere. Seems the problem was in the adaptor lead all along.

madbasshunter
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by madbasshunter »

I have brought this thread to the attention of the people who developed and make these leads (for various companies) and they have never come across any problems, buzzing with them. :shocked:

Artizann

Post by Artizann »

Hi folks! Been having the same issue with my MR2 since I got it in November last year. I spent today trying out the guide above but ran into a bit of a block.... check the image below... is the black wire i'm meant to be moving, the one that has been cut in my current wiring?? And if so, do i wedge it in with the black wire which is next to it?
I think the previous owner may have cut the wire, not sure?

And that black wire is meant to connect with the 'green with silver dots' wire inbetween the brown & yellow wire right?

Dariunas

Post by Dariunas »

Thought I'd post here rather than create a new post.

Just did this fix; looks like people have lived with it a lot longer than I!

However, for me, mine is a Rev3 Import G-Limited and the wiring seems a bit different; the dark green cable is the earth, but don't think it goes to the same position as pictured here - to sort it I had to remove the orange cable (dash light, illumination) that was originally lining up to the earth and am not not sure which colour cable it lines up with on the MR2 side of things. Anyone know...?

nordland071285

Post by nordland071285 »

THANK YOU!!!! this solved my problem

wenguin

Post by wenguin »

hi all. i've installed an amp and now i'm getting this audio whine/buzzing, i've isolated it to being related to the steering pump (it stops when the P/S relay or whatevre goes into idle after 60 seconds).

however my set up is different in that someone cut off the toyota plug and wired it directly onto an ISO plug.

i can't figure out how to translate your fix into my set up - any tips?

the HU earth is now a piece of wire with a spade on the end that is bolted onto the permanent DIN bracket - maybe I need to earth it differently?

wenguin

Post by wenguin »

Having disconnected the P/S plugs in the drunk this evening, I'm narrowing my buzzing noise down to that system. I've moved all the cables out the way of it when it's connected to no avail.

Any ideas how it could be interfering?

acf8181

Post by acf8181 »

digby wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
problem sorted ive been on a mission to sort this and its now cured i first tryed to run a new ground wire to the and joined this to the black wire on the iso part of the adaptor and as u guss made no difference :sad: :sad: :sad:
i then removed the adaptor where the 2 pairs of rca connectors are there is a black wire ground with them i moved this to the next slot u have to pull it out with pliers and pushed into the next slot on my car it connected it to the green wire with the silver dot this is on the cars block u got a brown , yellow, and the green with silver dot make sure that your black goesto the green start the engine and perfect sound with no buzzing mine is a uk model not sure if the colours are the same on the imports i knew it was somthing to do with the iso cable i used the Celsus AIS2257 which is the same as Autoleads PC9-411 Lead and they cause ur buzzing noise :cheeky: :cheeky: as there was no noise when i removed the toyota stock head unit :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
sorry to bring up an old thread, hopefully you still frequent here and if not maybe someone else knows the answer...

which green wire was it you earthed....the one in the screened cable with 3 other wires(green with single silver ring every so often), or the one in the screened cable with 5 other wires (green with double silver rings)?

stuMR2lee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

buzzing feedback noise 1995 n/a mk 2 active system

Post by stuMR2lee »

Have a look at the wiring diagram. The one that needs earthing relates to the speakers (7 wires/shielded). The 3 wires/shielded is for power.

Basically the fault lies with the fact that the RCA feed (Head unit to Amp) needs the right earth. It's the S-GND (signal ground). Beep & Mute aren't used. You'll see the +VE speaker connections (FL FR RL RR). S-GND is their shared ground/earth.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419092066.514622.jpg

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “ICE”