Tablet Dash Install - Help

This section is for technical Q & A only - any other threads will be deleted/moved. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
dudes45

Tablet Dash Install - Help

Post by dudes45 »

Howdy all,

I've just picked up a 94 MR2 N/A Rev. 3 a couple of weeks ago and am loving it. It's in real nice condition... Apart from the stereo wiring which someone has of course absolutely butchered. I have the original stereo which is of no use to me as the connector has been cut. It looks like they ripped it out and started cutting cables for what I don't know. I've got a new Fascia, cut it for my Galaxy Tab S, it fits in their real nice and looks pretty reasonable bearing in mind my only tool was a hacksaw blade. I did use the old fascia for mocking it up. It's not perfect but from the drivers seat it looks perfect.

What I'm hoping to do is wire up the 3.5MM jack to the 4 speaker cables. This should in theory be possible, I have the active system with two subs (Or their seems to be two at first glance) and it seems to work, however so far the sound being output is shallow and crackly, especially when turned up. Does anyone know how I could achieve this or if it is even possible. I'm thinking the static and crackling is caused by a bad ground. None of the wiring diagrams seem to fit with my system. For example I don't seem to have a switched live or a Live going to the stereo that actually works at all which is strange. If any one has any ideas on what I could try to resolve this issue that would be great. I'm trying to avoid a complete rewire as I'm a little tight on the cash front - I'm moving house within the next few weeks.

stuMR2lee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Tablet Dash Install - Help

Post by stuMR2lee »

Plenty of info in the ICE section on the Active Sound System.

For example: http://mr2oc.co.uk/ocforum/viewtopic.php?t=135146

I recently updated this thread.

Topic author
dudes45

Post by dudes45 »

Hi Stu,

Thanks very much for that. I have seen this thread already. I'm still a little lost. As I said none of the wires seem to exactly match the ones shown in any wiring diagrams I can find leading to some problems.

stuMR2lee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by stuMR2lee »

Put up some pictures of the back of your head unit, the wires, and your loom wires.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “ICE”