I need help with my nuts

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: I need help with my nuts

Post by shinny »

They're severn sided - which is at least some step up in security from normal hex nuts. (Likewise the spline drive Mutekis offers some level of security). There are some good looking hex nuts around, like the D1s, but I want at least some security without having to have one nut per wheel different to the others :blush:

I'm just fussy really :laughing

Swift76

Post by Swift76 »

shinny wrote:I'm trying to get hold of a set of these before JAE...

http://www.unit-8.co.uk/acatalog/Supra_ ... ories.html

I've found a place I can order the open type, but not the closed type. I emailed them to see if they could do the closed type and haven't heard back yet...

Edit: They're by Muteki BTW, and come in black, chrome, blue and red :th:
If possible go for the internal spline ones as made by Bimecc, these are more reliable than the type shown as the slim wall sockets are prone to splitting.

cracker

Post by cracker »

What style of nut will i need to fit a set of lexus 17" is200 alloys to my mr2? will they be the flat or tapered style?

Cheers

Cracker

shinny

Post by shinny »

cracker wrote:What style of nut will i need to fit a set of lexus 17" is200 alloys to my mr2? will they be the flat or tapered style?

Cheers

Cracker
Standard flat nuts :th:

cracker

Post by cracker »

Cheers shinny, much appreciated! I'll get a set ordered now!

Just out of curiosity what colour would people suggest on anthracite lexus wheels on a white rev 5?

Oh I forgot to ask would I need open or closed nuts?

Cheers

cracker

shinny

Post by shinny »

cracker wrote:Cheers shinny, much appreciated! I'll get a set ordered now!

Just out of curiosity what colour would people suggest on anthracite lexus wheels on a white rev 5?

Oh I forgot to ask would I need open or closed nuts?

Cheers

cracker
Most standard nuts are closed... you'd be lucky to find an open set TBH

jonandali

Post by jonandali »

Try these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/x20-Alloy-Wheel-T ... 5630c8870d

I bought a set when my original nuts corroded onto the wheel, one needed to be removed with an air chisel. Those nuts with an internal hex key have a habit of cracking as well. These are well made and use an external spline so no chance of the aforementioned problem.

shinny

Post by shinny »

Qucik bump!

Well, I just found out the nuts I bought on ebay don't react well to the wheel cleaner I use... half the colour just fell off them! :crybaby:

However they'd already lost bits of colour just by taking the wheels on and off. Back to the drawing board I think :no:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”