Electric aerial wiring to new radio

This section is for technical Q & A only - any other threads will be deleted/moved. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Pineapplehat

Post by Pineapplehat »

Got a Pioneer DEH 1700UB installed which works just fine with an adapter lead but the electric aerial isn't wired to anything so only stays up. Has anyone ever experienced this with either this or a different aftermarket radio? There is a wire coming from the back of the Pioneer labelled 'System Remote Control' could this be a possible solution to splice into? I'm rubbish when it comes to any electrical stuff so help is appreciated!

stuMR2lee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by stuMR2lee »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433534243.504820.jpg
Picture not great quality.

PinkBlue & BlackRed = Antenna wires.

If no dedicated Antenna wire from head unit, both above wires need to be connected to the REM wire (usually Blue or BlueWhite from the head unit). This is the wire that can be used to turn an amp on too. The aerial will then rise/fall when you turn the ignition/head unit on/off.
http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2-know ... bartid=251
I put a bypass switch in one of those wires to keep my aerial down until I need it.

So, in answer to your question 'yes' the 'system remote control' wire is the REM wire from what I can tell.

Topic author
Pineapplehat

Re: Electric aerial wiring to new radio

Post by Pineapplehat »

stuMR2eye wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433534243.504820.jpg
Picture not great quality.

PinkBlue & BlackRed = Antenna wires.

If no dedicated Antenna wire from head unit, both above wires need to be connected to the REM wire (usually Blue or BlueWhite from the head unit). This is the wire that can be used to turn an amp on too. The aerial will then rise/fall when you turn the ignition/head unit on/off.
http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2-know ... bartid=251
I put a bypass switch in one of those wires to keep my aerial down until I need it.

So, in answer to your question 'yes' the 'system remote control' wire is the REM wire from what I can tell.
I see, I'll try wiring it up and see what happens! Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “ICE”