new tyres / wheels

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
snatch69

new tyres / wheels

Post by snatch69 »

will these fit on my 2001 roadster

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17-TOYOTA-NEW-MR2 ... 3a58981196

any good

thank you

JayUK91
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: new tyres / wheels

Post by JayUK91 »

I think they should, but don't take that as gospel. Wait for someone to reply that actually owns a Mk3, lol!

Topic author
snatch69

Post by snatch69 »

Topic author
FGRob

Post by FGRob »

The answer is yes they will fit, but you will end up in a ditch, why do these people think they know better that Toyota (The alloy supplier / Halfords) - YOU HAVE TO MAINTAIN A STAGGER BETWEEN THE FRONT AND REAR TYRES.

Ideally you need a 6.5" rim on the front and a 7" on the back, but you can have 7" but the ET needs to be less than say 35 on the front to make sure it clears the inside of the arch and shock, but more importantly you need a reasonable stagger between the front and rear tyre, say a 205 front and a 225 back.

I run the stand 04 spec rims which are 15" x 6.5 front and 16" x 7 back, which is the best size for the car, going to 17" makes the handling not as good, but then again if it's for looks then that's your choice.

Rob.

Topic author
snatch69

Post by snatch69 »

ok , i dont want to affect the handling , but my wheels are looking a bit tatty , and tyres wearing a bit low

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”