Powder coating wheel nuts?

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 3 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Powder coating wheel nuts?

Post by shinny »

So I was having a chat with Pink a week and a bit ago, and we ended up talking about how we couldn't find wheel nuts we liked. I spents ages looking for a set of blue, non-hexagonal (ie locking, spline drive etc.) nuts - finally got some from Honk Kong but the colour has worn by taking the things on and off and the wheel cleaner I use strips the colour off them :no:

So we had the brainwave that perhaps you could powdercoat a set of nuts to the colour you want. The coat applied would have to be thin enough to allow a tool over the top and you'd want to mask off the seat and thread... but it sounded interesting.

Has anyone ever tried it before?

MattRoss1313

Re: Powder coating wheel nuts?

Post by MattRoss1313 »

I havent, but Lisa is getting her wheels and wheel nuts powerder coated over the next fortnight so I will let you know what occur's :th:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 3 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”